04 April, 2009

of all the things i lack; He completes every one

"when i said, 'my foot is slipping,' Your love, O Lord, supported me. when anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul. / the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom i take refuge." psalms 94:18-19, 22

He is good. so, so good. my heart sings for joy at the works of His hand and my soul cries out in delight. though the sorrow may last through the night, the JOY comes in the morning! oh, but what a long night it is; what a weary journey through the empty desert and what a lonely one. o my God, do not leave or forsake me. do not leave me to dry out into bones left stray on the roadside. help me, lead me, teach me, and show me what my heart is too weak and young to know.

"the Spirit helps us in our weakness. we do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." romans 8:26

in my young, naivety i have done so much damage – have mercy and help me reverse my mistakes, i beg. the things i want, i pray for; the things i do not know i need and want, help me ask for. i lack in so many things, Lord, show me where i come short. show me the emptiness in my heart, and fill all the holes with desire for the things of You.

"the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and i am helped. my heart leaps for joy and i will give thanks to Him in song." psalm 28:7

i AM helped. i am loved. i am blessed. i am wanted. i am a child and daughter of the KING. i am royal. i am not of this earth. i am here for greater purposes. i am on a mission. i am fierce. i am strong. i am bold. i am holy. i am worthy. i am desired. i am set apart.

"sing, O daughter of zion; shout aloud, O israel! be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of jeruselem! / the Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." zephaniah 3:14, 17

my heart only desires His will. my life wholly belongs to Him. i will seek Him first abouve all else. my heart will turn to Him with all the aching that it feels. my longing will be quenched by His all-encompassing arms and love, i will want for nothing for He shall complete my deepest being. my cup runneth over with the blessings of His hand. and He, abouve all people, abouve all things, abouve all desires and earthly loves; He is my first love and my gaze will fall content on His face.

to Him i surrender my heart, my life, my dreams, my passions, my loves, my desires and my whole entire being. my cares are cast aside and my short-comings banished as far as the east is from the west. i will worry about no desires or needs, for He cares for the sparrows, how much more does He care for me!

i am held sure and steadfast in His loving arms. all my troubles are no longer mine, and my mind and heart are free to rest.

-----

i am in such a deep love with my Savior, my heart is completely beaming. the night is suddenly young and the world so vast and at my finger tips.

i think i will take that away, only-me trip to somewhere i've been wanting to, this summer. i've got nothing else to do and nowhere else to be!

what a sudden re-realization that He is all i need. He is all i need! i am so ever grateful and amazed that, at the same time, He wants me. He loves me with a love that is beyond compare and He will never, ever leave me. He will never forsake me or lead me astray. He will always be by my side, whispering His love and songs into my ears.

now i rest, secure in His arms of peace.
tomorrow will be sunny and warm, just like today. and if it's grey outside my window, my eyes won't even notice, of this i am sure. i feel His reassurance and joy welling up inside me. thank you, Daddy, for making my heart bloom.

"as for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." psalm 18:30

xxx m


41 days

No comments: